Thursday, December 1, 2005

December 2005

12/21/05

~I just finished reading
Memoirs of a Geisha and I can’t wait to see the movie. If you haven’t read the book I really highly recommend it before seeing the movie-the story is somewhat sad, but the story telling is so artistically written and really very vivid...it’s almost hard to believe it was written by a man!-maria

12/20/05

~So now that this whole
Sudoku craze has swept the nation, I'm surprised to find myself strangely addicted to it. At first I saw all the numbers, thought it was some sort of math thing, and immediately dismissed it as sooo not my style (I'm a word-puzzle nerd, not a math-puzzle nerd). But it's actually a logic puzzle and totally addictive. I've even gotten Heather into it. If anyone is listening....stocking stuffer.-alexis

~So I seriously just finished one of the best books I've ever read, hands down. It's the follow up book to James Frey's
A Million Little Pieces and is called My Friend Leonard . I highly recommend everyone read it...so inspiring and just awesome! Now, what to read next?? Suggestions?-lallie

12/15/05

~I can’t wait to get into the holiday spirit this weekend! On Friday night Larry and I are going to
Nobu for dinner to get into the festive mood. Then we have two holiday parties on Saturday, one at my friend Liz’s and one at Dayna’s. I love this time of year when I get to see all of my friends!-nicole
12/12/05


~Erica is always making fun of me because all the candy I love best is very Grandma-like…Jordan almonds, spice drops, weird hard candies…if it seems like it would be in a dish at your grandma’s house, I’d probably love it. Anyway, she redeemed herself for mocking me by bringing me this yummy
croccante from a bakery on Arthur Ave in the Bronx. It’s basically almond brittle sprinkled with non-pareils with a few Jordan almonds stuck in for good measure. Super Italian and super old lady. What a good Monday breakfast.-alexis

12/9/05

~Today New York got hit with some serious snow. I can’t believe it’s actually snowing this hard! I really wished I live in California because I’m more of a beach and palm tree girl, not a snow and insanely freezing rain kind of girl. But, it is nice to lay and bed, snuggle, and watch Law & Order reruns with Larry! Maybe that will be my Friday night!-nicole

~So I probably should have written about this yesterday because it would have been more relevant but QVC had a special one hour John Lennon jewelry show on Wednesday/Thursday AM and since I was soundly sleeping I missed it-but, alas, QVC's website has the
entire collection! I've been on the phone with my mom (the original QVC queen) all morning trying to decide Christmas gifts. I love QVC!-lallie

12/8/05

~After nine long, intense months of steady practice and studying I'm finally a CERTIFIED YOGA INSTRUCTOR!! I graduated this past weekend. I didn't realize it until Sunday at graduation how amazing it felt to have accomplished this. I'll start teaching as soon as I get my insurance and few other small details. I'm so excited!-lallie

12/7/05

~Addendum to last Friday’s message about how I was soooooooo excited to go skating: NEVER. AGAIN. We did go, and it was lots of fun, but I never got my post-skating hot cocoa because I broke my wrist!!! I swerved to avoid someone, tilted back and broke the fall with my left hand. You see
the result— note the unattractive swollen fingers!! Typing, as you can imagine, is a real joy. Oh well—glad it’s not my right!-alexis

~My family has finally started decorating for Christmas, most of the decorations are up around the house and we even have our tree. My dad and I are going to try and finish decorating it tonight, so we can surprise my mom when she comes back from her business trip.I love the way the house feels during Christmas. It's so warm and comfortable, especially by the fireplace!-erica

12/1/05

~I woke up with a terrible sinus headache this AM--so annoying--and I am now mainlining coffee & Dayquil Sinus to try and keep it at bay. Mostly because tonight I am supposed to go
ice skating with my friends--including my best friend's sister, who is in from Chicago and I love her! So I've gotta feel good enough to impress everyone with my triple sowcow. (Heh--just kidding--I'll be lucky if I can stay up.)-alexis

No comments: