Friday, May 1, 2009

The Purple One

Though I absolutely adore He of ruffled blouses, four-inch heels and perfectly coifed hair, this post is about beauty, not “The Beautiful One.” Sorry, Prince!
I bought Tarte’s Vanity Palette back in December and instantly fell in love with the little purple tube of Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara. Since the day mama okay-ed make-up, I have been a total mascara player- flitting from one wand to another with no indication of settling down. Clinique’s Long Pretty Lashes? Wore it! Maybelline’s Great Lash ? Why, of course! Bare Escentuals Big Tease? Well, duh, the name speaks for itself.


I have spent too many years being the Karen Smith of mascara. You know, the first-cousin kissing, as stupid as she is slutty Mean Girl. Well, I am finally ready to give my heart to just one. Yep, you guessed it- Lights, Camera, Lashes! It’s dark and sultry, but leaves my lashes soft and flirty. That sounds like soulmate material to me. And the fact that the main ingredients are length, volume, curl and conditioning, not sulfates, parabens, dyes and fragrance is music to a contact-wearers’ ears…and eyes?

But don’t just take my word for it. Sephora.com boasts a whole slew of
LCL fanatics. Prettygirl2990 proclaims that with The Purple One her “lash prayers were answered.”
And for just $18, you too can be lash-tastic!


-Amelia

No comments: