Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Underneath it All


From the blogger who brought you Wholearth by Danny Seo (including a haute interview H.E.R.E.), I give you yet another organic beauty buy. As much as I love the natural goodness of tarte cosmetics, I would be plain evil to not dish on a line of top-notch, but affordable skincare products. Because no amount of ReCreate, lash hugger, emphasEYES and natural cheek stain can pretty super sickly skin. What’s “underneath it all” matters just as much.

And what is this organic wonder product? Why,
Desert Essence’s tea tree oil products! I discovered this 30-year-old brand while shopping (food-sample stealing) at Whole Foods, and on a whim bought the Facial Cleansing Pads. Though I had heard the joys of tea tree oil countless times before, it took these little rounds to make me a true believer. Soaked, but not saturated in the oil, these pads are a great post-cleanser companion that will have your face glowing with tea tree goodness. Be careful on your first use. Tea tree oil packs a powerful punch that may have your eyes watering—but in a “Ooo, these puppies are really working” way.

I loved my blemish-free lifestyle courtesy of the pads so much, that I ventured to Desert Essence’s
Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. From first splash, this cleanser left my face feeling like silk. Maybe that’s because of all the wonderful organic essential oils like extracts of Goldenseal, Hawaiian White Ginger (Awapuhi), and essential oil of Chamomile. Talk about a skin cocktail!

And I can’t wait to complete the natural skincare trifecta with the
Tea Tree Oil Skin Ointment, a renaissance cream that does everything from relieve razor burn to moisturize damaged cuticles.

But don’t just take my word about the skin-soothing savvy of Desert Essence. Here’s a testimony from a very content consumer.

"Your Tea Tree Oil has done on my face what 4 dermatologists and hundreds of dollars in treatments could not. Very grateful devotee of your product." – Irene

So, tartelettes, go on and do that organic shuffle that you know so well. Your skin will be so thankful!

XO,
Amelia

No comments: