Friday, October 9, 2009

Vintage Rose

When it comes to fashion, fall would definitely be my favorite season. I love the brisk weather, autumn leaves & the Manhattan fashionistas walking the streets in the latest collections. Typically, I reach for rich jewel tones, rustic browns and chunky/nubby knits. However, this year I’ve found myself drawn to a color you cannot find in my closet: pink! I’ve never been a huge fan of the shade, but all of a sudden I love dusty rose with peach undertones. I can't get enough of the romantic and vintage feel from the look seen above from Chlo├ęs fall 2009 collection. Even more enticing is the added edge from Vuitton (ditch the bunny ears!) I pulled ideas from both looks for an everyday look that is very much me—ultragirly waves, ruffles, sleek black ankle pants and natural hair & makeup. This entire look is from J.Crew (a minor retail addiction of mine). I even blogged about the black pixie pant a year ago-they’re still one of my staples!

So here’s how you’d get this look! For easy waves, use a 1” Hot Tools curling iron and roll hair backward away from the face. For amazing clean & natural makeup I use rest assured brightening wand (apply to brow bone & inner well of the eye) and three carats limited-edition cheek stain in shade brilliant as eyeshadow (it’s perfect)! I hope you enjoy this look as much as I do!
xo,
Kristin

No comments: