Friday, October 9, 2009

Vintage Rose

When it comes to fashion, fall would definitely be my favorite season. I love the brisk weather, autumn leaves & the Manhattan fashionistas walking the streets in the latest collections. Typically, I reach for rich jewel tones, rustic browns and chunky/nubby knits. However, this year I’ve found myself drawn to a color you cannot find in my closet: pink! I’ve never been a huge fan of the shade, but all of a sudden I love dusty rose with peach undertones. I can't get enough of the romantic and vintage feel from the look seen above from Chloés fall 2009 collection. Even more enticing is the added edge from Vuitton (ditch the bunny ears!) I pulled ideas from both looks for an everyday look that is very much me—ultragirly waves, ruffles, sleek black ankle pants and natural hair & makeup. This entire look is from J.Crew (a minor retail addiction of mine). I even blogged about the black pixie pant a year ago-they’re still one of my staples!

So here’s how you’d get this look! For easy waves, use a 1” Hot Tools curling iron and roll hair backward away from the face. For amazing clean & natural makeup I use rest assured brightening wand (apply to brow bone & inner well of the eye) and three carats limited-edition cheek stain in shade brilliant as eyeshadow (it’s perfect)! I hope you enjoy this look as much as I do!
xo,
Kristin

No comments: